Saturday, September 12, 2009

My Contract Not A Priority- Barcelona Coach Guardiola


Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola has said that there is no rush in signing his contract renewal and he will put pen to paper on a new deal when he is ready, according to El Mundo Deportivo.

"I have a year left on my contract and a lot of work left to do. My renewal is not a priority," he insisted.

Guardiola, who has lead Barcelona to five trophies since taking over in the summer of 2008, said that the deal will be done when he feels like signing it, and it will be dealt with swiftly.

"The day I feel like doing it I will do, and it will be done as quickly and discreetly as possible," he declared before adding that he does not have any problems with the current Barcelona board.

"I am delighted with this board, and I will be delighted with the next one because it will be the partner chosen by the people," Guardiola added.

The board, headed by president Joan Laporta, are reportedly keen to secure Guardiola on a long-term deal ahead of the presidential elections in spring, but Guardiola may wait to see how the elections develop before signing the deal.

No comments: